Knife Gate Valves
Our Valves are produced according to International ASTM ANSI Standards, ASTM API Standards, and ASTM DIN Standards in India.
A Knife Gate Valves, also known as a sluice valve, is a Valve that opens by raising a round or rectangular gate/wedge out of the route of the fluid. Knife Gate Valves are purposely designed to start or stop the flow, and when least flow restraints are needed. In working, these Valves commonly are either fully opened or fully closed.
Knife Gate Valves are widely used for all types of applications and are suitable for both above-ground and underground installation. Not least for underground installations, it is paramount to choose the right type of Valves to avoid high replacement costs.
Characteristics and Specifications Knife Gate Valves
- Light weight for easier & quick installation.
- Manufactured from high performance rigid optimum quality compound.
- Precision in flow control.
- Low frictional losses.
- Great chemical & corrosion resistance.
- Maximum operating pressure 10 kg/cm² (142 psi).
- Available in 50, 63, 75 & 90 mm (1½”, 2″, 2½” & 3″) connection sizes.
Advantages of Knife Gate Valves:
- Excellent Restriction features.
- Bidirectional so they can be used in two directions.
- Pressure loss within the Valves is minimum
Limitations of Knife Gate Valves:
- They cannot be opened or closed immediately.
- Knife Gate Valves are not suitable to regulate or throttle flow.
- Vibration-sensitive in the open state.
2” to 34”
PN10 / PN 16 / ANSI 150#
Flanged, Wafer (lugged / Semi Lugged)
O-ring – Up to 80oC, PTFE / RPTE up to 260oC, Metal – Above 300C
Material of Construction
WCB, CF8, CF8M & Other available on Request
MSS SP 81
Face to Face
MSS SP 81 / ASME B 16.10
Flange Standard Conformity
MSS SP 81 / ASME B 16.5 / ASME B 16.47
MSS SP 81
feel free to connect
We might work together and might start a trustworthy work relationship for a long time.